Hi! I’m Amy Crook, and I’ve been designing stuff people actually like since 1996.
As an artist, my philosophy is that beautiful things have meaning and value in and of themselves.
As a designer with over 15 years of experience, I know that the function has to come first, but I also bring an artist’s love of beauty into everything I do. I find that when coupled with a good user interface, attractive design makes the user’s experience of your website or product memorably better.
I also keep up my fine art practice, blogging images nigh-daily over at Antemortem Arts. I’m constantly expanding my skill set for design and illustration both, exploring the next way to bring beauty into the world.
You and I might be a great fit if:
- You’re a woman who owns her own small business, or are a solo entrepreneur — especially if you’re just starting out
- You’re fun, creative, maybe a little geeky, and want your personal style to shine through in everything you do
- You know PDFs, you love virtual proofs, and email is your friend
- You understand the value of creative expertise
- You don’t want 8am meetings (wink, wink)
- If you’re looking for a designer with an artist’s eye and a professional’s experience, then you’ve come to the right place.
I work with a small stable of steady clients, and only add a few people a year to that list. I try to stay mindful of my capacity and creativity so each client gets the best of me.
If you think you’ve got a project that fits, whether it’s a spot illustration or a whole website, drop me an email and we’ll get started on a quote.